Finally had some time to continue working on this. Much of the work done on this kit recently was just painting the details specially the inner frame and armor color separation.
Although this is not my first time painting a project. This is my first when it comes to detail masking and painting. Most of the color separation in the armor pieces had to be painted so this serves as a good exercise for my masking skills.
My masking is far from perfect since I still get a few errors but good thing they're easily fixable.
And now that I've got most of the pieces done, I can finally assemble some parts.
I finished painting the legs so I finally got to assemble it. good thing all the different colors' shades match.
One thing to note here during assemble is the hip joints. It's just too tight. Though I've managed to push the joints into the waist section, It's too tight that it's almost stuck and trying to move it might break the hip joint. I won't try removing the joint anymore since I might break it but to re-position the joint, I use long nose pliers to adjust the joint. I guess I'll just put this in a fixed pose and not move it.
I think I've already painting most of the major pieces that I'll be able to partly assemble the whole body of the kit. Whenever I finish/start working on a section of the kit, I always test the wiring to make sure they don't get stuck or broken specially in the joint/articulation areas.
Now the upper body is put together, along with most of the armor pieces.
I've already finished working on the head previously so it's time to put it in the body. Though I find the light in the forehead a bit too bright so I'll still have to fix that.
I have also previously finished working on the shoulder verniers so now I get to assemble it and wire it up with the other sections.
For the time it took to get this far, I'm very satisfied with what I've got at this point. Going slow and careful really paid off in this project since I haven't get much issues until now and thanks to the time spent planning the process beforehand, I get to have a clear idea of what I need to do next.
As much as I've done now up to this point, I don't see this project being completed anytime soon. Like I've said earlier, I'm taking my time with this and there's still a lot to be done. I'm taking this project slowly but surely to make sure I don't make mistakes and mess this up. Hopefully I get to finish the remaining parts of the body soon.